Need Advice: Air fryer? Toaster oven? Microwave?

Welcome to the Islands Forums Island Foodie Forum Need Advice: Air fryer? Toaster oven? Microwave?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar tmad99 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
    tmad99

Hi All! Being rock women, I’m sure you all understand that island life has no room for “uni-taskers”, especially in the kitchen. Everything has to serve multiple purposes or it doesn’t make the cut!! I have a very small 3rd bedroom living space we initially designed for guests, but have mostly been using ourselves while our guests stay in the main living area.

Anyway, I wanted to keep this little living area very simple. (I grudgingly acquiesced to a television.) It does not have a stove- just an induction burner and the outdoor grill. My mate has been bugging me for a microwave, which I have refused. Even the smallest microwave takes up WAY too much space. But now, friends who have stayed in the space tell me it absolutely requires a microwave. Sigh.

In my opinion, this wet-bar area has no room for a such a large single-tasking element like a microwave. I am trying to appease my mate and my guests, but I just can’t bring myself to allocate that much counter space unless this thing does WAY more than heating up leftovers.

I have heard a lot about air fryers lately, and wondered if this could be a good multi-tasker for this little room. If anyone out there has an air fryer, Can it do more than just fry?

Or- can any of you suggest something *else* that could heat leftovers and maybe do a couple other useful tricks? Make toast? Bake cornbread? Boil a cup of water? Maybe give me a massage and tell me I’m pretty? (Haha)

Most other forums would LAUGH at a person that doesn’t have room for a microwave, but I feel like if anyone will “get it”, it will be you all!!!

Also, feel free to tell me if I’m just being a weenie, and need to buy a stupid microwave.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch with the tropics!

Keep in touch with the tropics!

Join the community & connect with tens of thousands of island-loving souls. 

Once a week, we send you the latest posts, funniest rock life finds, and more. 

We respect your inbox - you can change your delivery preferences anytime.

Got it! You're all set.

Pin It on Pinterest

New to the site? Welcome! - START HERE -
Hello. Add your message here.