Are you living on a tropical island?
Used to? Wish you did?
You’ve come to the right place.
Women Who Live on Rocks was created in 2013 as a space for women (men welcomed too)
to connect over their shared experiences on tropical islands.
While all of our contributing writers do live on islands, our community of island souls stretches across the world.
After all, you don’t have to physically reside on a rock to appreciate and be entertained by the lifestyle.
To get the story and vibe behind our site, we recommend you read more on our About page.
How to Navigate this Site
If you’re looking for something in particular, pop a keyword into our handy little search box at the top of the page and let our coconut computer do the work for you.
If you’d like to read posts by a specific writer, click here to view an alphabetical list of all the sassy scribes who contribute to this site.
A request from your host…
We hope you enjoy what you read here and we LOVE connecting with you through your comments!
Just please keep in mind – this is a fun space for camaraderie and community.
Sharp words, disparaging comments, and general meanness are not welcome here.
How about some instant gratification?
Here’s a list of our top 20 most popular posts you can read right now:
- You Might Be an Island Girl If… Part I and Part II
- The 5 Tourists You Will Meet in the Caribbean
- The Recreational Sport of Island Drinking
- How I Now See Less as More
- 6 Guys Who’ll Try to Sex You in the Virgin Islands
- What NOT to Pack for your Caribbean Vacation
- Making Sense of Nonsense
- An Open Letter to Departing Island Friends
- Out of the Mouths of Tourists
- How to Feel Sexy with Island Swamp Ass
- 15 Odd Ways Island People Behave Elsewhere
- Those Two-Legged Strays
- You Might Have an Island Baby If…
- Me and My Island Need a Break
- 6 Dos and Don’ts When Visiting the Caribbean
- Island Lazy
- A Brief Survey of Island Doggie Denizens
- Possible Side Effects of Living Amongst Vacationers
- 5 Things I’ve Learned About Retirement on a Rock
- Island Living is Not for the Weak-Hearted
Got a baby on a rock? Get the book here!
The newest children’s book for island babies: