Gift inspiration!

Welcome to the Islands Forums Island Advice Forum Gift inspiration!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CEBB

Hi Islanders!

I’m a land lubber with loved ones on an tropical island looking for inspiration for my god daughters Christmas gift. If she were back in soggy Blighty I would know exactly the useful fun thing every toddler and her parents would be thrilled to have but the Islands seem… different. There must be things mainlanders take for granted that islanders will never see in the shops, things that will by useless in humidity or fantastic for kids to play with in the heat that no child in London will ever need. I was hoping you could offer some inspiration with your inside knowledge. She’s about 18 months old if that helps.

C xx

Chrissann Nickel

Definitely plastic beach toys and cookie cutters make for fun beach days, as do small beach tents for shaded playtime. Beach babies can also always use appropriately-sized hats and fun colored sunscreens (reef safe, please!). Swimmies (floats) are nice. Books can also be hard to get, so new reading material is always welcome. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Women Who Live On Rocks
      Keep in touch with the tropics!

Keep in touch with the tropics!

Join the community & connect with tens of thousands of island-loving souls. 

Once a week, we send you the latest posts, funniest rock life finds, and more. 

We respect your inbox - you can change your delivery preferences anytime.

Got it! You're all set.

Pin It on Pinterest